You are here:
The Paus Universa 40 is a high-quality auxiliary vehicle for underground operation. The vehicle is used in small-scale mining. The Universa 40 is available as a fixed platform or with a change system featuring various cassettes.
The UNI 40 is a universally applicable, articulated carrier vehicle for (almost) any task in underground mining. The Universa 40 series features a payload of up to 6 tonnes with an engine output of up to 93 kW.
The vehicle versions differ from each other in motorisation, payload and vehicle width and can be equipped with various water-cooled engines.
- Comfort cab: Spacious cab with extra storage space as well as clearly arranged and easy-to-reach operating elements.
- Light package: LED light package (excluding driving lights, two work lights on the rear wall of the cab.
- Visualisation: Display for analysing important vehicle data and showing all error messages Additional display for diesel engine.
- Service platform (various tanks such as oil and diesel tanks, 4000l)
- Scissor platform (max. working height 4 m; Angle of tilt +/-8°)
- Personnel transporter (12 persons)
- Workshop platform with workbench, various machine tools and tools
- Heating, air conditioning
- Headrest and 3 point belt
- Available as a right-hand drive vehicle
- Open or closed cab
- Automatic central lubrication system
- Fire fighting systems and installations from various manufacturers, with optional automatic trigger or manual trigger
- Reversing camera
- Welder, 180 A
- Compressor 400 l/min, 10 bar
Paus Power Flow
- Depending on the platform, the oil supply is controlled on a requirements basis using variable pumps. This results in fuel savings, reduced oil temperatures and less severe component ageing.
- Supplying oil with a few supply lines for easier maintenance and a lower risk of hose breakage.
- Extremely versatile for cassette changes (lifting frames and cassettes can be retrofitted).
Paus Power Drive
- Intelligent concept with priority given to working hydraulics.
- Overspeed protection when driving downhill.
- Travel drive protection: When the hydraulic oil temperature is exceeded, the travel drive is reduced to half output in order to keep the machine manoeuvrable
- Reduced maintenance costs/downtime.
- Vehicle safety thanks to SIL 2 (Safety Integrity Level 2 according to IEC 61508).
- Fewer sensors thanks to compact electronics at the pump.